Doing a part-time job while studying that too your senior years is not an easy task but definitely not impossible. In fact this challenging task brings its own charm in your life. You finally get to know what it feels like earning your first pay check and spending or saving your personal income. You become more responsible and become your own manager.
Few of the sure shot benefits of taking up a part-time job during you senior year are:
- Extra money: It is not the only but a major advantage of doing a part time job while studying. Everyone can use this money in their own ways. You could pay a part of your tuition fee, use it for books, use it for travel or other fun activities, or save it for your future needs. At the end of the day, you would definitely make a better call about this money earned than your pocket money since you would understand the hours of hard work put behind this money.
- Better planning: If while being a student you start earning it helps you become wiser and definitely a better planner. You tend to prioritize the hard earned money and spend it carefully considering all your expenses.
- Helps you grow as an individual: You become more responsible and more confident. You tend to follow good habits and routines like waking up early to finish tasks, meeting deadlines, value money etc.
- Time management skills: With job while studying you have to manage your time effectively among school hours, work hours, homework, preparing for exams and socializing. Part time job helps you become efficient in time management skills. This skill supports your daily activities and stays with you lifelong.
- Added experience: Not to forget even before you have a full time job, you have some work experience. It definitely makes you stand out as a candidate for any position. Any employer would understand what it takes to be able to gain this experience with your school and would definitely value that. You stand out in terms of having the ability to understand the importance of deadlines, work environment and overall professionalism.
- Networking opportunity: Some of you might also use this opportunity for building a strong network. In today’s world, it is of utmost importance to be able to build a good professional network. It helps you in many ways like; exchange of knowledge and ideas and also with your full time job and recommendations.
Overall, taking up a part time job during senior year helps you gain real world experience even before you would have thought. You become emotionally and mentally prepared to face the work life challenges. You become a better person and a much better professional. You not only become an asset for an employer hiring you for an entry level full time position but also an asset for you family’s financial planning in long run.