Do you set specific goals for yourself? How are you doing on them so far? Some of my goals for 2012 are a bit lofty, but I bet that with a lot of hard work and consistency, I can achieve them all!
My Goals for 2012
This site is still pretty new, but I have some big plans for 2012!
- Be on the first page of Google for the searched phrase, “Passive Income”, and “Creating a Passive Income”
- Gain 250 subscribers
- Maintain a Page Rank of 3
- Have 40,000 visits to this site in 2012
- Earn $5,000 from this site alone
How Am I Doing So Far?
1) First Page of Google:
- My ranks are the exact same as last week. The keyword, “Passive Income” is #40, and “Creating a Passive Income” is #2. Since I haven’t been doing much work to improve these numbers, I’m content with them staying steady for now.
2) 250 Subscribers:
- My subscriber numbers are at 211 this week. The numbers are slowly going down, but I forsee a rise coming soon with the quality content I have in store for this site.
3) Maintain a Page Rank of 3
- My PR is down to a 2, but with all of my quality content and links, quite a few sites predict it to rise to a PR4 in the near future. So, I have to say that I’m not real worried about this one.
4) Have 40,000 Visits
- We’re now over halfway through the year and I have had only 5,850 visitors to this site. Since 40,000 is still a long ways away, I am a little worried about hitting this goal. You never know what can happen though. Maybe this site will really catch fire soon!
5) Earn $5,000
- Since January, this site has earned $968.08. As you have probably guessed, I did not yet reach out to advertisers. This is typically pretty time-consuming and takes some real discipline to accomplish. I still do plan on reaching out soon, but it’s just not number one on my list.