Do you set specific goals for yourself? How are you doing on them so far? Some of my goals for 2012 are a bit lofty, but I bet that with a lot of hard work and consistency, I can achieve them all!
My Goals for 2012
This site is still pretty new, but I have some big plans for 2012!
- Be on the first page of Google for the searched phrase, “Passive Income”, and “Creating a Passive Income”
- Gain 250 subscribers
- Maintain a Page Rank of 3
- Have 40,000 visits to this site in 2012
- Earn $5,000 from this site alone
How Am I Doing So Far?
1) First Page of Google:
- My rank for “passive income” is at 40, and my #1 rank for “creating a passive income” has dropped to #2. I feel like I can’t improve this site’s SEO any further, but I’m not sure why. I’ll definitely be exploring this in the future.
2) 250 Subscribers:
- My subscriber numbers are still hanging steady at 213. I’m not pushing for more subscribers at the moment, because I know that this will naturally go over 250 once I get an incentive posted.
3) Maintain a Page Rank of 3
- My PR went down to a 2 about 3 months ago, and that’s where it still sits. I’m not overly worried about this though. All of my other stats are going up, and it appears that I’m in a good position to get an increased page rank the next time Google makes an update.
4) Have 40,000 Visits
- So far, I have had 5,598 visits this year. Instead of my visitor number rates increasing, they are actually decreasing. I still don’t have a great plan for increasing these numbers. I have too many other things going on right now, so this is just going to have to sit on the back-burner for a bit. I should be able to focus more on this in August.
5) Earn $5,000
- Since January, this site has earned $965.36. As you have probably guessed, I did not yet reach out to advertisers. This is typically pretty time-consuming and takes some real discipline to accomplish. I still do plan on reaching out soon, but it’s just not number one on my list.