Do you set specific goals for yourself? How are you doing on them so far? Some of my goals for 2012 are a bit lofty, but I bet that with a lot of hard work and consistency, I can achieve them all!
My Goals for 2012
This site is still pretty new, but I have some big plans for 2012!
- Be on the first page of Google for the searched phrase, “Passive Income”, and “Creating a Passive Income”
- Gain 250 subscribers
- Maintain a Page Rank of 3
- Have 40,000 visits to this site in 2012
- Earn $5,000 from this site alone
How Am I Doing So Far?
1) First Page of Google:
- While I am still ranking #1 for the keyword, “creating a passive income”, I just can’t seem to get onto the first page for “passive income”. This week I’m ranking #31, which is still down from 14 spots from just a few weeks ago. I know I can make it on the first page, but it’s going to take a few more month of hard work.
2) 250 Subscribers:
- Currently, I’m sitting at 214 subscribers, which is holding steady. I don’t expect this number to rise much without putting some more work into an incentive like and eBook or helpful tools to create a passive income. I still have no doubt that I can reach this goal of 250 subscribers by the end of the year.
3) Maintain a Page Rank of 3
- My PR went down to a 2 about a month ago, and that’s where it still sits. I’m not overly worried about this though. As long as I keep writing and impressive readers with my articles, my rank will get a boost back to PR3.
4) Have 40,000 Visits
- So far, I have had 5,106 visits this year. I have definitely been making progress on this goal as of late, but I am still definitely nervous about hitting 40,000 visitors. I’m going to have to put together a free eBook and some free giveaways soon to attract some more visitors. I won’t have time to do this soon, but for sure before August.
5) Earn $5,000
- Since January, this site has earned $961.65. As you have probably guessed, I did not yet reach out to advertisers. This is typically pretty time-consuming and takes some real discipline to accomplish. I still do plan on reaching out soon. Hopefully I’ll have some positive reports on this next week.
- Also, I’ve been thinking about adding some Google ads within each of my articles, rather than just in the sidebar. This should boost my weekly income as well.