Do you set specific goals for yourself this year? How are you doing on them so far? Some of my goals for 2012 are a bit lofty, but I bet that with a lot of hard work and consistency, I can achieve them all!
My Goals for 2012
This site is still basically brand new, but I have some big plans for 2012!
- Be on the first page of Google for the searched phrase, “Passive Income”, and “Creating a Passive Income”
- Gain 250 subscribers
- Maintain a Page Rank of 3
- Have 40,000 visits to this site in 2012
- Earn $5,000 from this site alone
How Am I Doing So Far?
1) First Page of Google:
- So I’m dropping a bit in the ranks of both keywords – not a huge amount, but enough to start adding on to my original strategy. I currently rank #64 in Google for “Passive Income, and #7 for “Creating a Passive Income”. It might take me a little more than a week to see the effects of a change, but by next week, I’ll have to write some content for another website and backlink to my site.
2) 250 Subscribers:
- My subscriber numbers are really starting to plane off lately (actually they’re decreasing slightly). I need to do two things, (1) develop a free incentive for subscribing and (2) adding a sentance above each post describing how they can subscribe to the site.
3) Maintain a Page Rank of 3
- This past week has actually been a little scary for a lot of us bloggers. For whatever reason, there have been quite a few sites that have been bumped from a PR3 down to a PR zero! Mine has been holding strong, but there’s no saying what will happen. My fingers are still crossed on this one.
4) Have 40,000 Visits
- So far this year, I’ve had 1,794 visitors. It doesn’t sound like much, but it actually makes me feel pretty good to know that I’m closing in on that 2,000 visitor goal!
5) Earn $5,000
- The official calculation will happen next week, but I’m closing in on $1,000 earned with this site! Since it’s only March, there’s no telling what I could do by the end of the year. Maybe $10,000???? 😉
Goals Update and Weekly Round-Up
What’s it Like Being Unemployed – by Financial Samurai
Is the Housing Market Scraping the Bottom? – by Cash Flow Mantra
Keeping All Your Eggs in One Basket is Risky – by Frugal Confessions
The Need For Speed – Blogging Edition – by Online Money Bloggers
Things to Consider Before You Accept That Job – by Life And My Finances