Do you set specific goals for yourself this year? How are you doing on them so far? Some of my goals for 2012 are a bit lofty, but I bet that with a lot of hard work and consistency, I can achieve them all!
My Goals for 2012
This site is still basically brand new, but I have some big plans for 2012!
- Be on the first page of Google for the searched phrase, “Passive Income”, and “Creating a Passive Income”
- Gain 250 subscribers
- Maintain a Page Rank of 3
- Have 40,000 visits to this site in 2012
- Earn $5,000 from this site alone
How Am I Doing So Far?
1) First Page of Google:
- Last week, I ranked #72 for the keyword “passive income”- my best ranking so far has been #50 – and, this week I’m ranking #57. This whole, “getting on the first page of Google” is pretty tough for this keyword, but I’m not backing down. I’m going to keep building up the links and writing posts. I’m bound to move up the ranks pretty soon!
- The phrase “Creating a Passive Income” ranked #6 last week and now I’m back to #4! I think this means my site is above the fold when people search for “creating a passive income”! I haven’t seen much happen with my visitor numbers, but I’ll expect them to be on the rise soon (I hope).
2) 250 Subscribers:
- I’m sitting at 76 readers so far, which really isn’t bad at all! I still haven’t added a subscriber prompt to my site – hopefully I can find time to do this before next Sunday rolls around. It really doesn’t take that long. I’m just going to have to buckle down and do it.
- Pretty soon, I’ll probably have another giveaway on my other site, Life And My Finances, and I’ll include subscribing to this site as a way to enter. This could easily bump my numbers over 100, if not a little higher!
3) Maintain a Page Rank of 3
- This week has actually been a little scary for a lot of us bloggers. For whatever reason, there have been quite a few sites that have been bumped from a PR3 down to a PR zero! This one is still holding strong, but you just never know. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
4) Have 40,000 Visits
- This 40,000 visitor number is starting to look a little daunting. Sure, I don’t really expect my numbers to increase until May or June, but it’s still making me a little nervous! I’ve got to start picking up the pace – 130 visitors a week is not going to cut it!
- So far this year, I’ve had 1,602 visitors. That’s only up 137 visitors from last week. My goal is to earn most of my visitors through search engine traffic, but it’s simply not happening yet. I need to keep moving up the ranks on my keywords in order to give my monthly visits a boost.
5) Earn $5,000
- Last week, I started reaching out to my advertisers to see what type of ads I could place on this site. I actually had a pretty decent response! I already secured $220 in advertising, and there’s probably another $150 in the works! Not too shabby for a brand new site!
- Combining my ad earnings with my Adsense profit of $9.29, and I’ve earned $229.29 so far. We’re getting there! 🙂
Just like last week, I’ve been unbelievably busy, but don’t worry, I was still able to find a few articles that you might enjoy.
How to Transfer Shares to Your Kids – by Passive Income Earner
What is Financial Spread Betting? – by Faithful With a Few
The Rise in Gold Prices Continues – by Buy Like Buffett
How Do You Preserve Your Money? – by Consumerism Commentary
Stock Option Decay is Nasty! – by Money Mamba