Do you set specific goals for yourself this year? How are you doing on them so far? Some of my goals for 2012 are a bit lofty, but I bet that with a lot of hard work and consistency, I can achieve them all!
My Goals for 2012
This site is still basically brand new, but I have some big plans for 2012!
- Be on the first page of Google for the searched phrase, “Passive Income”, and “Creating a Passive Income”
- Gain 250 subscribers
- Maintain a Page Rank of 3
- Have 40,000 visits to this site in 2012
- Earn $5,000 from this site alone
How Am I Doing So Far?
1) First Page of Google:
- My rank was at #80 at one point, then it made a sharp decline to #154, but now I am pleased to say that I’m sitting at #50 for the phrase, “passive income”! I have been revamping my page to make it SEO friendly and I recently got a bump in my mozRank which may have helped this spike in the ranks as well. I expect my rank to go up and down, but I hope to see it in the 30s next week, since I’ll be improving the site a little bit more (for SEO purposes) throughout this week.
- The phrase “Creating a Passive Income” ranked #4 last week and I’m still holding steady. I can’t wait to move into the top 3 spots for this phrase! I bet that would increase my numbers quite noticeably!
2) 250 Subscribers:
- I ran a $100 Amazon Gift Card Promotion the last couple of weeks and my subscriber numbers are now at 74! This means that I’m already about 30% of the way to my goal of 250! This is pretty exciting – maybe I’ll reach my goal by mid-year already, who knows!? 🙂
3) Maintain a Page Rank of 3
- Well, the Google day of reckoning has come and gone, and guess what? I’m still a PR3! Once I increase my visitors and add some more content, this site is going to be worth some serious change!
4) Have 40,000 Visits
- So far this year, I’ve had 1,335 visitors. My traffic from week to week hasn’t really changed much. In order to get some real traffic from my target keywords, I’ll have to get them on the first page of Google. In the meantime, I’ll just keep writing and building up content!
5) Earn $5,000
- So far, I have not made any deals with advertisers and have only earned an income with Adsense – a whopping $7.81. My site is gaining trust and popularity on the web though, so I plan on reaching out to advertisers this month and should see an increase in ad income.
Dave Ramsey & Getting Out Of Debt – by The Debt Myth
Goals and Extra Monthly Income Update – by Making Sense of Cents
Why I Love Dividend Growth Stocks – by My Money Talk
Finding Extra Money For Paying Off Debt – by Cashflow Mantra
Reader Question: Should I Refinance My Mortgage? – by Sense to Save
Average, Normal, Expected, and Ordinary – by Krantcents
Looking to Profit From the Next Real Estate Bubble – by The Busy Executive Money Blog
Non-Financial Benefits of Living a Frugal Life – by Freedom 48
Credit Card Spending Gone Overboard! – by Financial Samurai
Earning Extra Money Online With Paid Surveys – by Prairie Eco Thrifter
February 2012 Cash Flow – by Retire by 40
Rip the Curtain Away From the Wizard of Money – by Frugal Confessions
Consumers to Spend Tax Return on Debt Relief – by Funancials