Do you set specific goals for yourself this year? How are you doing on them so far? Some of my goals for 2012 are a bit lofty, but I bet that with a lot of hard work and consistency, I can achieve them!
My Goals for 2012
This site is still basically brand new, but I have some big plans for 2012!
- Be on the first page of Google for the searched phrase, “Passive Income”, and “Creating a Passive Income”
- Gain 250 subscribers
- Maintain a Page Rank of 3
- Have 40,000 visits to this site in 2012
- Earn $5,000 from this site alone
How Am I Doing So Far?
1) First Page of Google:
- My rank was at #80 at one point. Now I drifted down to #132….. poop. I haven’t done a whole lot with this in the past 3 weeks though. I really need to add some pages to this site and learn a bit more on how to rank higher in Google. Watch for this number to extra awesome soon! It’s time to do some work!
- The phrase “Creating a Passive Income” ranked #6 last week; today it’s ranked #5– I’m inching toward #1! I might be above the fold now! Perhaps I’ll get a few more visitors this week?!
2) 250 Subscribers:
- I’m still at 13 subscribers this week, but I am running a $100 Amazon Giftcard Giveaway at Life And My Finances, so that should boost my numbers a bit.
3) Maintain a Page Rank of 3
- Well, the Google day of reckoning has come and gone, and guess what? I’m still a PR3! Once I increase my visitors and add some more content, this site is going to be worth some serious change!
4) Have 40,000 Visits
- So far this year, I’ve had 939 visitors. To be honest, this number is pretty crappy and I was hoping things would start picking up by now. Once I increase my SEO, these numbers should get a little bit better. I’m really going to focus on that this week and hopefully report a much better number in the near-future.
5) Earn $5,000
- You may have noticed that I recently put up some CPC ads on the sidebar – so far, these ads have yielded me a whopping $0.29! That’s alright though, I really don’t plan on making any serious money until April or May. Anything that happens before then is just a bonus.
- So far, I’m really enjoying the site and can’t wait to explore more avenues of passive income. I think through all of these articles, there could be a great book emerging as well!
Exercising Caution While Automating Bill Payments – by Budgeting in the Fun Stuff
Using a Credit Card to Buy a Car – by Financial Samurai
What Are Your Options for Borrowing Money in Today’s Economy? – by My Personal Finance Journey
Money Can’t Buy Me Love, Or Can It? – by Wealth Informatics
How to Pay For College Without Student Loans or Debt – by The College Investor
How I Use Google Docs Spreadsheets for Investing – by My Journey to Millions
I Love Taxes – by Krantcents
4 Signs Your Gazelle Intensity is Hurting Your Relationships – by Mom’s Plans
Stop Making Excuses and DO Something! – by So Over Debt
Learning to Invest – Choosing Your First Stocks – by Thirty Six Months
Lifestyle Inflation? – by Sustainable Life Blog
Does a Six-Figure Salary Make My Decision to Stay Home Harder? – by One Frugal Girl