Do you set specific goals for yourself this year? How are you doing on them so far? Some of my goals for 2012 are a bit lofty, but I bet that with a lot of hard work and consistency, I can achieve them!
My Goals for 2012
This site is still basically brand new, but I have some big plans for 2012!
- Be on the first page of Google for the searched phrase, “Passive Income”, and “Creating a Passive Income”
- Gain 250 subscribers
- Maintain a Page Rank of 3
- Have 40,000 visits to this site in 2012
- Earn $5,000 from this site alone
How Am I Doing So Far?
1) First Page of Google:
- My rank was at #80 at one point, but I have since been drifting backwards. I am now in position #154 and am really not sure why…. I continue writing about passive income and have actually built up a few internal links as well. I have a little more structure to build, but I think I need to develop some more links into my site. I’ll focus more on this in the next week.
- The phrase “Creating a Passive Income” ranked #5 last week; today it’s ranked #4– I’m inching toward #1! I might be above the fold now! Perhaps I’ll get a few more visitors this week?!
2) 250 Subscribers:
- I ran a $100 Amazon Gift Card Promotion last week (and it’s still going on now), so my subscriber numbers have increased from 13 to 50! I’m pretty excited about this and can’t wait to see it’s growth continue in the near future. I’m already 1/5th of the way to my goal!! 🙂
3) Maintain a Page Rank of 3
- Well, the Google day of reckoning has come and gone, and guess what? I’m still a PR3! Once I increase my visitors and add some more content, this site is going to be worth some serious change!
4) Have 40,000 Visits
- So far this year, I’ve had 1,175 visitors. Now that my Search rank is improving for “Creating a Passive Income”, I should be receiving more traffic per week. This number still seems pretty low compared to 40,000, but I’m not worried. If I get this whole SEO thing figured out, I’ll breeze by that number in a hurry.
5) Earn $5,000
- My CPC ads finally paid off! From January 1 through February 18, my total earnings from this site were $0.29. Last week, I’m proud to say that I’ve added $7.48 additional dollars to the revenue pot. This doesn’t seem like much, but it gives me hope that this site could become a great niche site some day!
Should We Make Extra Payments on the Mortgage? – by Retire by 40
Getting Out of Debt Is Like Using a Public Restroom – by So Over Debt
Should a Credit Check Be Allowed of Required By An Employer? – by Financial Samurai
How I Save Money by Spending More of it At The Grocery Store – by Debt Free by Thirty
Needs vs. Wants – Which is Which? – by Prairie Eco Thrifter
The Best Time to Start Paying Off Debts: Now – by Financial Success for Young Adults
3 Easy Steps to Living Below Your Means – by The Busy Executive Money Blog
The 3 F’s of Success – by Krantcents
New Car Import DIY – Save Thousands – by Sustainable Personal Finance
Is It Time To Change Up My Retirement Portfolio? – by My Money Design
Benefits of Networking – by Family Money Values
Guilt-Free Things You Can Do When You’re Out of Debt – by The Debt Myth