Do you set specific goals for yourself this year? How are you doing on them so far? Some of my goals for 2012 are a bit lofty, but I bet that with a lot of hard work and consistency, I can achieve them!
My Goals for 2012
This site is still basically brand new, but I have some big plans for 2012!
- Be on the first page of Google for the searched phrase, “Passive Income”, and “Creating a Passive Income”
- Gain 250 subscribers
- Maintain a Page Rank of 3
- Have 40,000 visits to this site in 2012
- Earn $5,000 from this site alone
How Am I Doing So Far?
1) First Page of Google:
- Last week, my keyword “Passive Income” was plummeting in the rankings and was at #197, but I figured it would bounce back; I expanded my links last weekend with a few guest posts and today my ranking is #80!! Yep, that’s page 9 baby! Watch out page 1! 🙂
- The phrase “Creating a Passive Income” ranked #8 last week; today it’s ranked #7 – I’m already on page one, but I wouldn’t mind being in position one!! Is that too much to ask? 😉
2) 250 Subscribers:
- So far, I’m up to 11 subscribers, which is actually pretty encouraging! That means I increased my readership by4 since last week. That’s not too bad at all for a brand new site! Plus, once I write a free eBook for passive income, this number will increase at an even faster rate!
3) Maintain a Page Rank of 3
- As long as Google doesn’t update their Page Rank, I’m golden! Lol. But, I’m still not quite ready for the PR update. I think if it happened soon, I’d drop to a 1 or a 2. I’m going to get some more stuff done this weekend though, just to give myself a chance at that PR3!
4) Have 40,000 Visits
- There have been 574 visits to this site so far in 2012. It’s an average of about 20 visits per day, which would only get me to 7,000 visits for the year, but they are ramping up fast, and I really don’t think 40,000 visits will be that tough. They key is to increase my SEO and rank higher in the Google search results. Currently, 11.5% of my visits are from Google. I’d like to ramp this up to at least 50%, if not something more like 80%.
5) Earn $5,000
- You may have noticed that I recently put up some CPC ads on the sidebar – so far, these ads have yielded me a whopping $0.10! That’s alright though, I really don’t plan on making any serious money until April or May. Anything that happens before then is just a bonus.
- So far, I’m really enjoying the site and can’t wait to explore more avenues of passive income. I think through all of these articles, there could be a great book emerging as well!
Often times, I get the opportunity to read other blogs throughout the week. Some of them don’t grab my interest, others I end up skimming, but these are the ones that I read from top to bottom! Enjoy!
What Income Level is Considered Rich? – by Financial Samurai
Build Up Your Financial Security in Uncertain Times – by KNS Financial
Pros and Cons of Investing in Gold – by My Personal Finance Journey
How to Keep Your House Clean Without Spending a Lot of Dough – by Prairie Eco Thrifter
The Tools of a Blogger and a Developer – by Invest It Wisely
Researching a Potential Employer – by Buy Like Buffett
Enjoy Life And Make Money – by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finances
Dividend Income Portfolio, January 2012 – by Retire by 40
Filing Your Taxes for Free and Finding Free Tax Return Help – by Frugal Confessions
How You Can Build Wealth – by Financial Success for Young Adults
Four Easy Resolutions: Just Be Better – by Yes, I Am Cheap
Debt Snowflake Challenge #4, Getting Your Food Costs Under Control – by Mom’s Plans
Being Poor Makes You Financially Responsible – by Not Made of Money