Do you set specific goals for yourself this year? How are you doing on them so far? Some of my goals for 2012 are a bit lofty, but I bet that with a lot of hard work and consistency, I can achieve them!
My Goals for 2012
This site is still basically brand new, but I have some big plans for 2012!
- Be on the first page of Google for the searched phrase, “Passive Income”, and “Creating a Passive Income”
- Gain 250 subscribers
- Maintain a Page Rank of 3
- Have 40,000 visits to this site in 2012
- Earn $5,000 from this site alone
How Am I Doing So Far?
1) First Page of Google:
- Last week, my keyword “Passive Income” was ranked #143; today it’s ranked #197…. I am not moving in the right direction on this one…. What I really need to do is keep writing guest articles with the keyword “passive income” linked back to my site. I just wrote a couple yesterday, which should help out this ranking.
- Last week, my keyword “Creating a Passive Income” ranked #9; today it’s ranked #8 – I’m moving up the ranks baby!!
- Bonus: I still rank #14 for the phrase, “What is passive income”. That’s pretty cool considering there’s 60,000 searches a month for that phrase!
2) 250 Subscribers:
- So far, I’m at a whopping 7 subscribers…., but new people are already finding my site through Google, so I expect that this number will increase steadily in the near future. Plus, once I write a free eBook for passive income, this number will increase at an even faster rate!
- 3) Maintain a Page Rank of 3 – As long as Google doesn’t update their Page Rank, I’m golden! Lol. But, I’m really no where near ready for the update. I need to write at least 8 more guest posts (I wrote 2 yesterday) for some link juice, and I need to comment on like, 50 sites just for some security (so far, I really haven’t done much for commenting – I’ll have to step this up soon)…
4) Have 40,000 Visits
- There have been 460 visits to this site so far in 2012. It’s an average of about 20 visits per day, which would only get me to 7,000 visits for the year, but they are ramping up fast, and I really don’t think 40,000 visits will be that tough.
5) Earn $5,000
- You may have noticed that I recently put up some CPC ads on the sidebar – they haven’t earned me a penny yet, but once they do, I’ll feel a little better about this $5,000 number for some reason. Ultimately, once I maintain my page rank of 3 and I increase my visitors and mozRank, then I’ll be able to seel ads at a premium price. This $5,000 estimate should be a piece of cake.
I can tell that it’s going to be tough to keep up with this site regularly, but I am commited, and I know that once I start getting regular visitors, it will be much easier to keep up with everything (it just makes it much more fun!).
With my limited amount of time this week, I haven’t read a ton of articles from other sites, but here’s some of the good ones!
Common Credit Score Misconceptions – by Krantcents
Always Be the Underdog to Get Ahead – by Financial Samurai
One Savings Goal at a Time or Many? – by 20s Finances
How to Save Money on Dieting – by Frugal Confessions
More On Covered Calls and Time Value – by Cash Flow Mantra
Financial Blessings – Reader Stories – by Faithful With a Few
Romantic, Yet Frugal Tips for Valentine’s Day – by Free Money Wisdom
How to Research and Publish an eBook Successfully – by The Extra Money Blog