Do you set specific goals for yourself this year? How are you doing on them so far? Some of my goals for 2012 are a bit lofty, but I bet that with a lot of hard work and consistency, I can achieve them!
My Goals for 2012
This site is still basically brand new, but I have some big plans for 2012!
- Be on the first page of Google for the searched phrase, “Passive Income”, and “Creating a Passive Income”
- Gain 250 subscribers
- Maintain a Page Rank of 3
- Have 40,000 visits to this site in 2012
- Earn $5,000 from this site alone
How Am I Doing So Far?
1) First Page of Google:
- Last week, my keyword “Passive Income” was ranked #170; today it’s ranked #143 (I moved from the 17th page to the 14th)! That’s pretty good!
- Last week, my keyword “Creating a Passive Income” ranked #9; today it’s still ranked #9
- Bonus: I found out that I rank #14 for the phrase, “What is passive income”. That’s pretty cool considering there’s 60,000 searches a month for that phrase! 🙂
2) 250 Subscribers:
- So far, I’m at a whopping 5 subscribers…., but I haven’t really focused on this yet. I’m still trying to write a ton of content and become easily found by Google. These numbers should fall into place on their own. I’m not too worried.
3) Maintain a Page Rank of 3
- As long as Google doesn’t update their Page Rank, I’m golden! Lol. But, I’m really no where near ready for the update. I need to write at least 10 guest posts for some link juice, and I need to comment on like, 50 sites just for some security…
4) Have 40,000 Visits
- There have been 267 visits to this site so far in 2012. It’s an average of about 20 visits per day, which would only get me to 7,000 visits for the year, but they are ramping up fast, and I really don’t think 40,000 visits will be that tough.
5) Earn $5,000
- You may have noticed that I recently put up some CPC ads on the sidebar. This isn’t going to get me to $5,000, but it can’t hurt! 🙂
All in all, I’m feeling pretty good about this year. I really have to focus on writing those extra articles for some solid links. We’ll see if I can get some written by next week. I’ll keep you posted!
The Main Reason People Can’t Get Out Debt – by Life And My Finances
5 Tips For Your Personal Finance in 2012 – by Invest It Wisely
Kevin’s Plan to Earn at Least $30,000 from the Online World in 2012 – by Online Money Bloggers
What Would Be the Best and Worst Jobs in the World? – by My Personal Finance Journey
Impulse Shopping and Discount Chocolate – by Budgeting in the Fun Stuff
Exciting News! (At Least, I Think So) – by So Over Debt
Improving Retire by 40 to Increase Online Income – by Retire by 40
Health Incurance Companies Give Financial Incentives for Good Habits – by Frugal Confessions
Claim Your Unclaimed Property – by Thousandaire
Top Investment Scams – by The College Investor
Warm Winter Means Deals For You – by Yes, I am Cheap
Starting The New Year Off Right – by World of Finance
Planning to Pay Off Debt – A Guest Post – by Mom’s Plans
Rental Properties and Mortgages – by Krantcents
Is Passive Income All That It’s Cracked Up to Be? – by Money Crush